Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Here's to new beginnings...

Greetings...from my childhood home.  The place I have lived the majority of my life and, according to my "5 Goals in Life" in my high school scrapbook, I vowed to be out of by my 22nd birthday.  Well 4 years have come and gone since the completion of that scrapbook and after graduating college I am still here, jobless and referring to my parents as my "roomies."

If that's not bad enough, my part-time job in retail gives me barely enough money to suffice in a world where I don't even have to pay rent (..yet. I am sure that's coming soon...) and my nights are filled with a mixture of fruitless job site scouring and crying (literally...sniffling, sobbing and bawling) to my boyfriend two hours away about how I will NEVER find a job.

With the extra time I have been dealt these past months since graduation I have come to find myself pondering topics I have never thought about before: family, friends, careers, pet peeves, impossible customers in the Dunkin' Donuts drive-thru and everything else in between. 

I feel as if this is the best place to combine two of my loves in life, writing and venting.  I hope you will join me on my journey navigating the waters of a bad economy to find a career I love all while dodging everything else life has to throw my way.

Til next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment