Friday, December 23, 2011

In all seriousness...

Well, 2 months later and the place I interviewed with in October e-mailed me to say they have gone with someone else. No, ya think?  So I think it's come time for a serious post. A post where I can just tell you where I am in the whole job/life search and hope you can muster up some pity.

I feel like I am at the end of my rope. Granted, it has been seven very short months since I have graduated and the economy is awful, but I feel like I should be farther in life.  All around people are somehow landing salaried jobs, engagement rings, apartments, etc. and I feel like I am just stuck.  I feel the longer it takes for me to find a job, the more I just completely fail at life.  I feel that if I go one whole year without a job, there is just no hope and I may stay in my rut...where I don't want to be.  I know I am better than that. 

I can't be at the Crystal Mall forever and the longer I stay there, the more I feel everyone else has won. ("Oh wow, you still work there? How long has it been?  Didn't you graduate?")  I feel that up to this point in my life I have proved everyone wrong about me, that I am not just someone who sits back and lets life happen.  I have worked hard for everything I have accomplished this far in my professional and educational career and now by hitting a dead end, I feel like I have failed and it could have all been for nothing.

I don't want to put my life on hold anymore.  I want a job so I can then move out, get married, have children.  Life is on hold and I hate it...I am a fan of constant onward progression (which I have accomplished up until this point). 

I can say with complete confidence, for once in my life, I don't know where to go from here. And for someone who has always known what her next step is going to be, that's a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment