Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hittin the brakes...

I am an impatient person.  I fast walk EVERYWHERE (mall, school, liquor store, gym), I yell/honk at other drivers when they are going the speed limit/anything less/not driving defensively, and I expect everyone to adhere to the same ideals; I guess it's the New Englander in me.  But the other day I started thinking, when exactly does the time com when people stop being crazy and start slowing down?

Ever get behind an old person...anywhere?  They don't care how fast they are moving or care that anyone else cares how fast they are moving.  When exactly does that fast-paced to slow-paced change happen?  I mean, don't get me wrong I don't want to be that 87-year-old in Stop & Shop speed walking from the produce all the way to dairy (and if I keep eating bread the way I do I don't think I will have that problem) but I don't see myself slowing down ever.

My epiphany came in aisle 11 at the grocery store the other day.  Anna scanning my groceries decided she wanted to detail to the bag boy exactly where to find the best ribs. And I mean DETAIL, down to what the restaurant's best dishes were and how to get there from the grocery store.

I mean, sure, if Anna could scan AND talk I might have saved my heavy sighing for another time but I needed to get home and eat! 

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment